On 10 October 2012 01:16, Johannes Schlüter <johan...@schlueters.de> wrote:
> Up until now reflection is leaky and is telling the truth. We should
> either keep that or completely clean up reflection.

Reflection should always tell the truth, or there is no point in it.

On 10 October 2012 04:28, David Muir <davidkm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That said, it wouldn't help for scalar values, and that leads to a problem
> with the current syntax (AFAICS). You can't specify the initial value for a
> property:

This is one of the points I was trying to get across, there is
currently no way to set the default value*. If your setter performs
some sort of calculation on the value, then you're going to have to
reverse that process in order to set the initial value constructor.

*Unless you use the following highly confusing approach.

class MyClass {
    protected $__property = 'default';

    public $property {
        get;