Hi!

> I see this argument crop up with every typehint discussion and just
> don't understand it at all. Why would you want to check the variable
> type everywhere? You just assign it and if it doesn't work, then you
> get an error. Just like it should be. I mean, do you seriously check

No, you don't get an error. You'd get an error in compiled language. In
dynamic language, your client gets an error when his site is launched
and instead of happy launch his users get white screens. To avoid that,
you'd need to add checks - or just ship it as is and hope your unit
tests were as good as you hoped they are (which they never are).
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/