Nobody wants to turn PHP into Java.

But, even if I agree for generics (or templates), I would like to know
where is the border line.

Classes, exceptions, interfaces, traits, type hinting in parameters => OK
Type hinting in object properties, type hinting of returned values, type
templating => KO?

Maybe we'd save time if it was clearly defined (and accept my apologies if
it was already defined somewhere).