Hi,

2012/11/8 Florin Razvan Patan <florinpa...@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>

> After a talk on the Symfony framework here:
> https://github.com/symfony/symfony/issues/5911
> Long story short, the point that @Seldaek suggestion to have a common
> interface for loggers
> actually makes sense and the best way to have it would be to have PHP
> include it by default.
>
> I'm not sure exactly what amount of work this implies, nor my C skills
> are existent, but with
> PHP having such an interface available it would help standardize
> things in the PHP world.
>
> Also, I'm not sure if this could be backported into existing PHP 5.3
> or PHP 5.4 versions
> but this would make sense to consider it for PHP 5.5.
>
> What do you guys think? Could this be considered to be included in PHP?

What's the benefit of having this made inside PHP itself?
It's perfectly possible to share a common interface across projects
even if not native to PHP.

It's quite easy to create a PECL extension for that, that would suites
your need regardless of PHP version, but again, I don't really see the
benefit of doing that in C, at the core of PHP.