On 11/08/2012 04:42 AM, Florin Razvan Patan wrote:
Hello,

After a talk on the Symfony framework here:
https://github.com/symfony/symfony/issues/5911
Long story short, the point that @Seldaek suggestion to have a common
interface for loggers
actually makes sense and the best way to have it would be to have PHP
include it by default.

I'm not sure exactly what amount of work this implies, nor my C skills
are existent, but with
PHP having such an interface available it would help standardize
things in the PHP world.

Also, I'm not sure if this could be backported into existing PHP 5.3
or PHP 5.4 versions
but this would make sense to consider it for PHP 5.5.

What do you guys think? Could this be considered to be included in PHP?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Florin

----
Florin Patan

The possibility of opening security holes or otherwise breaking existing applications because new functionality has been introduced "by default", is such that inclusions of new functionality *by*default* are usually Very Bad Luck and should imo always be avoided.