All,

I've moved the ext/mysql deprecation RFC into the voting phase. You
can vote at https://wiki.php.net/rfc/mysql_deprecation — note that, as
discussed last week, there are two questions: the first being a simple
yes/no question (which will determine whether the RFC is accepted or
rejected), and the second to clarify what the preferred course of
action will be if the RFC is declined. Please vote on both, unless you
particularly wish to abstain from one of the questions.

I've also updated the RFC slightly, but not in a way that changes
what's actually proposed: Ulf noted that he wasn't comfortable with
having the Oracle Wiki link there for converting to MySQLi, so I've
replaced that link with another, more recent tutorial (albeit PDO
only) and added a link to Ulf's recent blog post about the benefits of
mysqli and PDO over ext/mysql. This is mostly useful for documentation
purposes, since I think there's general agreement that we should have
more resources covering upgrading to newer extensions regardless of
the outcome of this RFC.

At this stage, I intend to close the vote in a week's time: so
Wednesday, December 5.

Thanks,

Adam, who knows he's a little late with this, but being sick sucks. Sorry.