On 1/2/13 6:36 AM, Clint Priest wrote:
Here is the updated RFC incorporating the feedback from previous rounds of
discussion.

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/propertygetsetsyntax-v1.2

The RFC does not specify whether it's a fatal error to define a class (directly or via extends/traits) which has both a traditional property and accessor with the same name, but I think this should be prohibited to avoid confusion.

One might expect this to work if the traditional property is private in a parent class, but I think even if the patch allowed that special case (I've not tried it), it should not.

Steve Clay
--
http://www.mrclay.org/