I do use PHP Unit and also Doctrine which uses annotations. And I know
that today because there is no native annotations, the implementation
use docblocks so I can not remove them :) But still if I did not know
anything about PHP and that someone was talking to me about comments,
I would expect my code to work even without them.

Pierrick