On 1/28/2013 2:09 AM, Christian Stoller wrote:
In userland we can only do something like
$str = new String('my_string_class');
echo $str->length();

But that's useless.
It would be great if method calls on primitive types could be supported, like
in Nikic' proof of concept (https://github.com/nikic/scalar_objects).

$str = 'my_string_class';
echo $str->length();

I would really like to see that in PHP. It's not only a nicer and shorter way
to code but it would also be a solution for the function naming inconsistency
;-)

+1 from that, fortunately since it's an extension it won't be subject to a vote, you can use it or not. :) The core seems to be heavily protected by the core developers.

Best regards
Christian

--
-Clint