Dan, I'm a PHP developer myself too and I always compile PHP and Apache for
my own (PostgreSQL is good for me as it's packaged for Archlinux). But the
majority is just dumb. And you're right about the bug reports, lots of them
would be just like "it doesn't work because of reasons". But they'd at
least try and we still could extract some valuable information from that.

r1pp3rj4ck