Hi,

Le Mon, 28 Jan 2013 11:22:52 +0200, Zeev Suraski a écrit :

> Regardless, an
> ‘open ended’
> voting period is unacceptable IMHO.

I agree with that. An update of the voting rfc (https://wiki.php.net/rfc/
voting) should be made.

However one week only seems a little shorter in my opinion to validate
changes that "will affect millions of people". There's times in the year
when we are most AFK (summer vacations, christmas, etc...) and as you
point that there can be "a specific point in time where the vote happens
to be in favor with what the proposer wanted", there also can have a
specific period in the year to make a rfc pass easier due to the lack of
voters (perhaps my mind is twisted but i've already seen this trick in
politics so... ;-).

I'm not sure how long we should make the vote duration but i think that,
like the discussion period, there shoud be a minimum 2 weeks between the
vote opening and it's closing.

My 2 cents,

regards,

Bruno