On 15/02/13 10:25, Paul Dragoonis wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Damien Tournoud <d...@damz.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> no, MediaWiki caching modules only support APC or Wincache so far.
>> As far as I understand, O+ doesn't have any user caching support, right?
>>
>> So the comparison needs to be with user caching disabled in Mediawiki
>> when running with APC or Wincache.
> Hi Damien,
>
> No, O+ doesn't have user level caching, it's only for opcode caching. It
> was discussed that APC should continue to provide user level caching.

Does that mean that MediaWiki was using O+ for opcode cache and APC
for user level cache?
The best way to compare them would be to test both opcode caches with
a memcached server. No interaction between extensions, and no difference
in the connections to access the caching store. Moreover, if you are using
a production setup with multiple servers, you need to use memcached.