On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 1:54 PM, David Soria Parra <d...@php.net> wrote:
> On 2013-02-19, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>>> echo date_create('@1361240634')->format('Y-m-d');
>>> // output: 2013-02-19
>>>
>>> echo date('Y-m-d',1361240634);
>>> // output: 2013-02-18
>>
>> timestamp dates are created with UTC TZ, date() assumes your configured TZ.
>
> I ran into this myself and I personally consider date() assuming your
> configured TZ A bug. Timestamps are defined as UTC and the behaviour of
> DateTime is correct there, that it always assume UTC. date() should do
> the same. But then date() behaviour has been that way since ages
> and probably a lot of code out there is assuming the current TZ when
> using date().

Hi David,

I made a patch for a similar issue here:
https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=63615

I wonder if this would fix your issue as well.

I pulled it as a random bug fix, but did note that there is some
discrepancy on whether this is intended behavior or not. I'm with Stas
that we should either fix it and make it consistent, or document why
it isn't.