On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 1:54 PM, David Soria Parra <d...@php.net> wrote:
I ran into this myself and I personally consider date() assuming your
configured TZ A
bug.

The description for date() says "local time/date" => considering TZ is not a
bug.

Timestamps are defined as UTC and the behaviour of DateTime is correct there,
that it
always assume UTC. date() should do the same.

I rather think DateTime::__construct/date_create were wrongly designed for ignoring the second parameter. Timestamps specify a uniform reference of time, but just
because you use them doesn't imply you're sitting in any particular TZ.

Steve Clay
--
http://www.mrclay.org/