On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Nikita Popov <nikita....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Dmitry Stogov <dmi...@zend.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are going to release a new PECL version today or tomorrow,
> > and, yes, we are going to support hte pecl build for old versions as
> well.
> > I'm not sure about php-5.2 and possible new features.
> >
> > Thanks. Dmitry.
> >

> In order to maintain the PECL extension, do you plan to keep the bundled
> ZO+ code and the PECL code fully in sync? Just saw this commit
>
> http://git.php.net/?p=php-src.git;a=commitdiff;h=987dee9ca1be517f4be02d9c8f721d569596dc5aand
> wondered whether we really need all those version specific #ifs in the
> bundled version. I though getting rid of the code specific to old versions
> was a major selling point for the inclusion (=> easier maintenance).
>
> Nikita

Well, the plans should be that actually we "just" ship Zend Opcache within
the PHP sources.
Sure, those sources are the same as the PECL ones, like we do with all
other bundled extensions (except some, like PDO). Correct if I'm wrong.

All the #ifs about versions will be cleaned for 5.6, where we should plan a
full integration (meaning merging ZOPcache within the Core code).

Julien.Pauli