I find this somewhat conflicting.

If it's experimental, and will likely be removed because nobody will
maintain it, why is anything being added to it at all?

This simply makes it easier for people to build a dependance on a feature
that will ultimately cease to exist in the next major version.

It's black and white in my opinion. Support it or don't support it.