On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 2:09 AM, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> Not really, features freeze means features free, not less not much. We
>> can't keep adding things endlessly and expect a release in a
>> foreseeable period.
>
> You seem not have misunderstood me, I was talking about 5.5.1, i.e. post
> 5.5.0 release.

I did not, it makes little difference. We agreed that new features go
to php-next not in next point release, avoiding the mess about
figuring out which one gets in which point release.

>> Those with interest to have them in PECL. It works very well for some
>> extensions already. And it is not my model :)
>
> Having "some extensions" in PECL doesn't help getting somebody to
> maintain this specific one in PECL. If that is happening - tell me who's
> doing it, then my position would be different.

In the case of openssl we have someone, even more than one, same for zip f.e.

Cheers,
--
Pierre

@pierrejoye | http://www.libgd.org