On Mon, 2013-06-10 at 14:07 +0200, Etienne Kneuss wrote:

> I propose we fix the serialization/unserialization crash in a way that
> does not affect var_dump.

That was the summary of my message a while back, too. Aside from that I
trust the assessment of extension maintainers.

I want to take this opportunity to remind everybody how close to EOL 5.3
is, though: PHP 5.3 is 26 point releases old and according to
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/php53eol 5.3 will go to security only once 5.5
comes out, which might be by next month or so. Changing behavior so late
in the game is bad, even if it is a small change only.

johannes