On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 19:57:15 +0400, Anthony Ferrara <ircmax...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey all,

I want to throw out this draft RFC to get the concept floating around and
get feedback early.

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/protocol_type_hinting

There are still open questions, and a more complete (and cleaner)
implementation will be needed before officially proposing it, but I wanted
to get the concept out as soon as possible.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Anthony

Hey,

That's great, just great, I have no more words :3

By looking at the diff I see it will only work for type-hints in functions/methods. Could we also see something like "$var instanceof <ProtoInterface>"? I fear it can't be done this way because of parser limitations, but I believe this feature would be as useful as type-hinting in functions.

And again, that's great :)