wow... why did this just become a measuring contest. Do we need to go
recruit people interested and attach their resume's?

I'll just toss in I am interested in this. Comparing to current methods of
doing this sort of things(because if you're denying it exists in the wild,
lets open up some of your code and be honest) I think the error is more
useful then throwing an exception of causing a fatal error.

   1. The error clearly specifies what is missing. It also leads to
   documentation in the form of the structured interface where you can
   understand why it failed and what the expectations are.
   2. The error happens at the start of the call not in embedded in the
   code, possibly hidden from common runtime by conditions. This seems like a
   more ideal fail early sort of situation.

I also think this is a cool thing we'll see someday useful in project
integration. Say I'm building on top of a framework or library and want to
use an implementation but want to treat it more like an interface and
provide additional implementations. Not a stretch. My options are, don't
type, hack this 3rd party tool, wait for another release where they might
have addressed my concern. Instead I could provide this sort of interface
and provide additional implementations of the interface and call it a day.
If someday they add an interface its not a big change to take advantage of
it and its forwards compatible if the interface matches the structured
interface.

So real work example out of the way, can we look at technical concerns?