On 7/11/13 2:56 PM, Florin Patan wrote:

We already have a bunch of RFCs about strict typing in PHP:
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/typechecking

So I personally am not sure we need yet another RFC on the topic - given
that we discussed previous ones multiple times.

You are right, as part of the moving from gist to RFC I'll try and
contact the authors and see if they are still interested in this
topic.

Friendly recommendation: Keep the RFC and all discussion tightly focused on adding optional return typing for callables, but ONLY for things that are already type hintable as parameters. Trying to expand beyond that will run right smack into the ancient battlefield of strict typing discussions, and the ghosts of brave souls that have fought and died upon it. :-) I'm pretty sure that would kill the proposal in OT chatter.

--Larry Garfield