On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 10:36 PM, Yasuo Ohgaki <yohg...@ohgaki.net> wrote:

> Hi Sheif,
>
> 2013/7/20 Sherif Ramadan <theanomaly...@gmail.com>
>
>> Then I would say that example is wrong, but people may find reason to
>> disagree. I'm basing my contention purely off what I see in php-src and the
>> documented behavior for those operators. To me I see no reason why this
>> behavior would be considered undefined. The ternary operator definitely has
>> some undefined behavior in terms of precedence since its interpreted as a
>> statement and not like other operators in expressions. To me post/pre
>> inc/dec are pretty well-defined.
>>

> I wasn't going to document ambiguity, but ?:
> operator's association difference between C and PHP.
> It's a common pitfall for C programmers when they use nested ternary
> operators.

Yea, I believe the documentation at php.net/ternary already advices against
nesting ternary in PHP. Honestly, I don't know how you would even put
ternary into the precedence table given that it reads more like a statement
and less like an operator. Just look at the implementation in the parser
and you will be left in wonderment.