On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 11:56 PM, Sara Golemon <poll...@php.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Yasuo Ohgaki <yohg...@ohgaki.net> wrote:
>

>> If there aren't comments, I'll rewrite the example.
>>

>> There were comments.  I explicitly told you that that the behavior is
> defined as undefined.  You CHOSE to ignore that comment.  You CHOSE to
> break the documentation.

With all due respect, how is the behavior undefined? Our parser defines the
precedence of those operators being higher in the precedence table than the
ones mentioned. The post inc/dec operators are also well-defined in
returning their values "Returns $a, then increments $a by one." at
www.php.net/language.operators.increment

I present the source as well
http://lxr.php.net/xref/PHP_5_5/Zend/zend_compile.c#1196

I'm confused about why you believe this is undefined behavior? Perhaps you
can elaborate on why this should be left in the documentation as undefined
despite what I believe to be clear evidence of definition. I don't see
"discouraged behavior" and "undefined behavior" to be synonymous. I do feel
it's OK to place notes/warnings in the manual about discouraged behavior,
however, just as we do with nesting ternary operators.