Hi!

> Personally, I would not use numeric index.
> However, users are expecting it to work and there is no way to raise

I don't think it is reasonable to expect it to work, it never worked, it
never was documented to work and there's no real use case for it.

> The limitation is come from register_globals and it has nasty problem.

I don't see how is it a nasty problem if there's actually no good reason
to do this. If there is a good reason to do it, please tell what it is.

> Most users don't care what serializer does and users who may have
> BC issue can use old serializers anytime.

Using old serializer is work which we would make users do for
improvement that practically nobody needs and that does not provide any
actual improvement that can not easily be achieved otherwise. Breaking
BC just because somebody somewhere needs an exotic feature that can
easily be worked around doesn't look like a good idea to me.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/