hi!

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 6:39 PM, Nikita Popov <nikita....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi internals!
>
> I created an RFC and preliminary implementation for named parameters:
>
>     https://wiki.php.net/rfc/named_params
>
> The RFC and implementation are not yet complete. I mainly want to have
> feedback on the idea in general and on the Open Questions (
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/named_params#open_questions) in particular.

Love it and always wanted it! Thanks for working on that!

I quickly look at the patch and related phpt, so feel free to nicely
correct me if I ask something already covered :)

In no particular order:

. Warning: Cannot pass positional arguments after named arguments.
Aborting argument unpacking in %s on line %d

Would it make more sense to make it a fatal error? As the code will
likely not work as expected, at all. It could be a bit too harsh but
as it is a new feature, there is no BC impact and ensure good usage.

. would it make sense to have an alternative zend API to fetch one or
more argument using its name? I can see a couple of usages for such a
function

- It would be nice to add (later once the RFC is more stable) docs
about which impacts and changes are expected for extension developers

- Do you have a fork for this RFC? Much easier to test, create snaps, etc.

Cheers,
--
Pierre

@pierrejoye | http://www.libgd.org