On Mon Sep 9 03:18 PM, Nikita Popov wrote:

> I created an RFC and preliminary implementation for named parameters:
>
>     https://wiki.php.net/rfc/named_params

I really like the idea!

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 2:16 PM, jbo...@openmv.com <jbo...@openmv.com> wrote:

> My preference would be to only support named parameters based on the initial
> declaration $oldBar (much simpler expectations).

I bet that there is already many code "renaming" the parameters so I
agree with Nikita to match it against the called instance (and not the
initial declaration).

As for the open questions I would prefer something from the "can use
keywords" section.
I think one with the dollar sign would be best since thats how the
declaration looks like, e.g. "$foo => xxx" or "$foo: ...".