> On 25 ביול 2014, at 01:35, Jan Ehrhardt <php...@ehrhardt.nl> wrote:
>
> Dmitry Stogov in php.internals (Fri, 25 Jul 2014 02:09:53 +0400):
>> I already know the opinion of the majority.
>
> Do you also know the opinion of 2/3 of the voters?

Guys,

Let's deescalate here.  Dmitry is understandably quite emotionally
attached to this.  I probably wouldn't have sent the emails he sent
tonight on this thread had I been him - but I'm not...

I agree with Nikita - there's no reason to shorten the mandatory 2wk
cycle and I'd reply with no had others not beat me to it.  I'd be
highly annoyed if it was done to me on an RFC I care about.

That said, I completely disagree with the "delayers", who also happen
to be ones who have a repeated tendency to talk a lot more than they
do.  Dmitry is one if the biggest php.net doers - and us can
understand how it runs him the wrong way.

The main missing piece was docs, and we made some progress there - but
probably need some more time for people to provide feedback and
adjust.  Other than that I see absolutely no reason to stall beyond
the 2wk discussion period, and every reason to floor the has pedal.

I don't know what the voting outcome would be, but as I wrote in the
RFC - I hope it will be well above 2/3, so that we have an awesome
engine to match the shiny new version number :)

Zeev