On 28/07/14 03:44, David Dai wrote:
> I can confirm that,  wikimedia is migrating from PHP to HHVM, see:
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2014-July/077690.html
> and I also have saw many friends talking about migrating from PHP to HHVM
> only for performance gain.

That perhaps brings up more questions than it answers. I've moved to
nginx from Apache after the problems with conversion from 2.2 to 2.4 and
found that performance was much improved, so while looking at PHP
performance in isolation gives one result, it's the combination needed
to create the full stack which we aught to be benchmarking?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL