On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 1:03 AM, Michael Wallner <mike.php....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 27 Jul 2014 09:26, "Kris Craig" <kris.cr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 12:16 AM, Michael Wallner <
> mike.php....@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Every day php-ng is not GA, PHP is losing ground to its competitors.
> >
> > Umm, how?  Do you have any data to support this?  According to
> http://php.net/usage.php, as of 2012, PHP's usage is steadily increasing.
>  As far as our competitors are concerned, well:
> >

> http://w3techs.com/technologies/comparison/pl-java,pl-php,pl-ruby,pl-python
> >

> > As you can see, PHP continues to dominate with over 80% market share and
> no signs-- at least, none that I can see-- that we are "losing ground" as
> you stated.
> >

> Surely it's wise to make the same wrong assumptions Microsoft did with
> Internet Explorer?

Again, where's your evidence, Michael?  I provided two separate sources
that provide data showing that PHP is *gaining* market share and continues
to dominate over the competition, which directly contradicts the claim you
made.  Simply brushing this factual data as "wrong assumptions"-- without
any data of your own to back-up that claim-- does not constitute a valid
counter-argument, nor does introducing a non sequitur by comparing PHP to
Internet Explorer.

These aren't "assumptions", wrong or otherwise.  This is data pulled from
reliable sources.  If you have separate data that calls it into question,
then please share it with us.  Otherwise, you're just making baseless and
factually inaccurate claims about PHP to justify your argument about
PHP-NG.  As far as I can tell from the evidence available, your statement
that "PHP is losing ground to its competitors" appears to be false.  In
fact, the exact opposite appears to be true.  Again, that's not an
assumption.  That's just looking at the available data.

--Kris