On Mon, 2014-08-18 at 10:37 +0800, Wei Dai wrote:
> Hi,
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to call a function inside a module, a PHP_FUNCTION.
> >
> > Other than zend_eval_stringl, what's the direct way to do it?
> Please refer to call_user_function and call_user_function_ex.

See also the set of zend_call_method_with_[0-4]_params macros in
zend_interfaces.h. Those allow to cache the function pointer (or use the
one provided via "f" option by zend_parse_parameters) and therefore
saving repeated lookups.

But general comment: Do you really want to call a user function? - This
might be the case when using callbacks, typically when this question
pops up the aim is to call some PHP provided function, then often there
is a better C level API ... going via PHP function is cumbersome and
"slow".

johannes