On 9 Sep 2014, at 20:26, Robert Stoll <p...@tutteli.ch> wrote:

> Personally, I do not like such inconsistencies either but I like that the
> conversion rules in Andrea's RFC are more strict. And thus I was asking
> myself if it would not make sense to change the current behaviour of
> castings and make them more strict in PHP 7.

No, no it would not. PHP’s explicit casts cannot fail, and there is absolutely
no good reason to change this. If people want strict casting, we can add new
functions or operators for that specifically. But to break explicit casts and
make them sometimes fail would cause innumerable bugs and
backwards-compatibility ideas.

--
Andrea Faulds
http://ajf.me/