> What does that even mean?

It means that any new functionality that gets into core could be considered
"young". Like when PHAR got introduced, it was a "young" extension. Same
for PDO, same for FileInfo...
What I'm trying to highlight is that being a recently coded extension or
not, it's not a good argument to say join/no join.

--
Guilherme Blanco
MSN: guilhermebla...@hotmail.com