> On 5 Nov 2014, at 16:45, Jakub Zelenka <bu...@php.net> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Chris Wright <c...@daverandom.com> wrote
>>

>> I'm afraid I have to disagree here, I don't like the idea of changing this
>> behaviour without making it controllable
>>

> If we make it default, then we could of course add a new constants that
> would allow the old behaviour.
>
> What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't make sense to add something to
> micro release and then change it (deprecate it) in PHP 7.

There’s actually nothing wrong with this. It’s not like PHP 7 will come out
tomorrow, it’ll be a year or so yet. So for the meantime, people who want this
behaviour could specify it. Come PHP 7, their code keeps working and they need
not change anything, as we wouldn’t deprecate the flag, it’d just be redundant.

That being said, I don’t think it should be the default for reasons I’ve
elaborated previously.

--
Andrea Faulds
http://ajf.me/