On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com>
wrote:

> You could of course require the expression to always be enclosed in (),
> but that produces weird syntax where some forms of instanceof work
> without () and some only with (). Given that you can easily assign your
> value to a variable, is it worth it?
>
> Also, you can always use is_a($foo, $bar->getClassName()).

This is exactly what I'm doing right now, requiring the expression to
always be enclosed in parenthesis. I think it's way better to be able to do
this instead of creating temporary variables just to assign a class name.
Also, is_a, since it's a function, is significantly slower than instanceof,
which is a construct (but of course you already now that).

Daniel Ribeiro
http://danielribeiro.org