hi,

This RFC is not about compete aganst Zeev's RFC but to get all issues
related to PHP 7 and a possible 5.7 release solved in one go.

Many here think that the timeline proposed (one year, less now) is not
realistic. It is not correct to simply ignore us and push yet again
another RFC, using the benefits brought by 7 as a motor.

I have tried since weeks to get Zeev to add his view to this RFC,
discussed with Andi about it (who confirmed that Zeev will do it), but
the result was slightly different to what we were expecting. That's
why I go now with that one while being fair and correct by including
Zeev's RFC in there as well. Zeev, please update it accordingly if you
made any change to your original proposal.

It also includes the vote about 5.7 and the aims about having a 5.7 release.

Please keep in mind that all dates in there are about a maximum
release time. If we are ready before, let release it. But I am
convinced that we need slightly more time to discuss some new features
as well as the stabilization of the engine will need more time than
defined in Zeev's proposal.

Let sort all these issues in the proposals (RMs can tell their
experiences and issues, so we can take them into accounts too) and get
back to code :)

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/php7_57_roadmap

Cheers,
--