> Wow, I had no idea that existed; what an incredibly ugly implementation. Even
> the name is weird (why "header" singular when it contains an array of
> headers?)

  Actually, no.  HTTP responses contain a single header at the protocol level,
but contain multiple lines.  At some point, people started to each line a
“header”, which is actually more strange.  I think that usage may have
originated in PHP, actually.  At this point, common usage supports both
“header” and “headers”, though “header” is the more general term.  For
comparison, no one refers to the separate fields of a TCP header, as “headers”.

Tom