On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 6:19 PM, Ferenc Kovacs <tyr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Ferenc Kovacs <tyr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 1:08 AM, Rowan Collins <rowan.coll...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> >> Wow, I had no idea that existed; what an incredibly ugly implementation.
> >> Even the name is weird (why "header" singular when it contains an array
> of
> >> headers?)
> >>
> >> The only other local-scope variable listed next to it in the manual [1]
> >> is $php_errormsg, which has to be enabled with an ini setting.
> >>
> >> If the information is useful at all, then I guess a
> >> get_last_http_response_headers() function would be less magic - although
> >> that would presumably mean the data had to be stashed indefinitely in an
> >> internal global just in case it was asked for, rather than it naturally
> >> falling out of scope.
> >>
> >> We could just say that if you're using a shortcut like
> file_get_contents,
> >> you can't have it both ways and access metadata afterwards. It's just a
> >> pity ext/curl is so faithful to the underlying lib, and therefore so
> >> awkward to use for simple cases.
> >>
> >> [1]: http://php.net/manual/en/reserved.variables.php
> >>

> > +1 on introducing the get_last function, and I would also suggest adding
> > new ini settings similarly to track_errors so we can discourage/deprecate
> > the usage of this feature before removing it.
> >
> > --
> > Ferenc Kovács
> > @Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu
> >

> bump.

Hey.

About $php_errormsg , we have error_get_last().
About $http_response_headers, we have no replacement.

Why not get rid of both ?
I mean, those variables magically appearing into your code are born from C,
where libc usually give access to errno and errstr variables (which are
often implemented as macros).

As we are cleaning PHP and reorganizing it for PHP7, I simply would suggest
to drop support for anything like automatic magic variable appearence.
$HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA could as well disappear (made deprecated as of 5.6).

Julien.P