> De : Pierre Joye [mailto:pierre....@gmail.com]
>
> In my opinion the pains introduced by such a change does not match
> with any possible gains. Many areas affect the request time badly
> (IOs, mem, etc), I do not see case insensitivity as one

Right. It is not a question of performance, as the expected gain is negligible.
More important are the side effects caused by case insensitivity, especially
the fact that it is not compatible with PSR autoload conventions (ok, on
case-sensitive file systems only, but is is still worse  to have different
behaviors on different environments).

I still think PHP 7 is the occasion to cleanup this issue with minimal pain. If
we don't do it now, I am also afraid it will never happen.

> I am not saying discussing that is bad, but it may not be the most
> important thing to spend time on :)

With all due respect, I don't like the idea that you know better than me what's
important or not.