On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 11:01 PM, F & N Laupretre <nf.laupre...@yahoo.fr>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I don't know if this was discussed before. So, tell me what you think
> before
> I write an RFC.
>

> I would like to propose that namespaces, functions, and classes become
> case-sensitive (constants are already case-sensitive). Actually, I never
> understood why they are case-insensitive. Even if the performance gain is
> negligible, I think it could be the right time to question this.

I think that the cost of that BC break is too high, and will only happen in
an alternative implementation (if at all).
Putting that aside, if we want to go down that road, we should first
discourage people from such usage, and as we never did that(no E_STRICT no
E_DEPRECATED) it would be extremely rude to remove support for that in 7.0.
I think that a Pull Request for adding E_STRICT or maybe even E_DEPRECATED
would have a chance of getting voted in but depends on the implementation
and how much overhead would it cost.

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu