Hey Sebastian,

> On 1 Jan 2015, at 08:28, Sebastian Bergmann <sebast...@php.net> wrote:
>
> Am 31.12.2014 um 21:27 schrieb Andrea Faulds:
>> Parameter type hints for PHP’s scalar types
>
> Please use the term "type declaration for arguments" (or "type
> declaration for parameters") instead of "type hints". If it's used
> then it's not a hint.

You’re not the only one who feels this way, Levi Morison is also not too fond
of our existing terminology. However, it is the name we’ve always used for
these. It’s not the best name, but it is the name we’ve given them. This could
be changed, but I don’t think that’s the job of this RFC. If someone else wants
to push to change the name, go ahead.

Thanks!
--
Andrea Faulds