On 1 January 2015 at 17:44, Thomas Bley <ma...@thomasbley.de> wrote:

> I think it is no problem to add strict parameter type hints with another
> rfc (if this rfc gets accepted), e.g. function foobar(string! $str, int!
> $str){} or any other syntax.

The problem is that the current proposed hints/casts are deviating from the
type-hints that we are used to, therefore this particular feature should
(eventually) have an alternate syntax, whereas the strict hints would just
use `int`, `integer`, `string`, `float`, `bool`, `boolan` without
additional chars (assuming that we will get strict hints somewhen).

This will also reduce clashes with the current HHVM implementation.

Marco Pivetta

http://twitter.com/Ocramius

http://ocramius.github.com/