Hi!

> I am not sure about that. Parameters handling is one specific case,
> userland parameter handling even more. It could be a good move to do

Making internal and userland parameters work differently and having
scalar type errors behave differently from object type errors by having
one throw exceptions and another errors looks like a mistake to me. It
only makes handling errors harder as you'd have to handle two types of
situations instead of one.

> that as a 1st step, with this RFC.

I don't think "1st step" is a good approach here. The language should
provide consistent expectations, including about what happens when you
pass certain data to it, including error conditions. If we have
different types of error conditions between internal and userland
functions, it would not be a good thing.

We should make all parameter handling work the same way - so if you pass
a parameter and it does not match the expectations, you know what you're
getting. If it works one way to internals, another for user functions,
it would only make it harder to handle.
--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com