Hi Matthew,

> On 15 Jan 2015, at 16:59, Matthew Leverton <lever...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I don't like this at all. I'd prefer raising a new warning type (e.g.,
> E_AUTOCAST) over this.

That error type would cause absolute chaos, unless people decided not to make
use of it. Custom error handlers are global and affect all code, including in
libraries.

I can’t see how this would be even slightly useful.

> Does the voting system support instant-runoffs? If people could rate
> their preferences of:
>
> 1) strict scalar types
> 2) weak scalar types (auto cast)
> 3) both - different syntaxes. e.g, (int) $foo vs int $foo
> 4) no scalar types
>
> we could reach a compromised consensus without some building
> Frankenstein.

I don’t think supporting both approaches is really a “Frankenstein”. It would
work out quite cleanly in practice.

I had considered holding multiple votes, but I decided against it.

Thanks.
--
Andrea Faulds
http://ajf.me/