On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 6:24 AM, Xinchen Hui <larue...@php.net> wrote:
> Hey:
>
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Xinchen Hui <larue...@php.net> wrote:
>> but okey, I agree we need write some note(actually I noted in UPGRADE
>> of we are using hybrid sorting algo now)..
>>
>> but what kindof note  I mean how details it should be? I am not a
>> native english speaker, could anyone here to help me to write that ?
> and to explained my concern . that is, the 16 is my picked number, I
> did some benches, then use 16..
>
> but maybe we could change that later...
>
> like std::sort doesn't use a fixed limit, but choose 10 or 30
> according the how heavy the swap fucntion is..

As I agree that such micro optimization (for an app) are a good thing
and now is the right time to do it, as Rasmus said we have to be
careful. I am not saying we should revert it but we may be open about
it. Once more users will actually test master/7, we may have more bug
reports about such changes, giving us a better view on the actual
impact of these changes with real world applications. For some of them
I suspect we may actually drop the optimization as the impact on BC
will be significantly bigger than the performance gains. Wait and see
:)

--
Pierre

@pierrejoye | http://www.libgd.org