Hi Andrey,

> On 2 Feb 2015, at 16:48, Andrey Andreev <n...@devilix.net> wrote:
>
> As already said, we're just going around in circles at this point, but
> a migration issue?
>
> Whatever code using the scalar type hints should be *new* code in
> userland.

Why not existing userland code? If only new code adds type hints, the ability
to detect errors in code is severely curtailed. That would be really
unfortunate.

> You're basing your whole argument on the assumption that all
> internal functions would break with strict=1 ... nobody needs that and
> it doesn't have to be done.

I wasn’t talking about internal functions… I’m talking about userland code in
the hypothetical case that we added strict-only hints.

I don’t see where you’ve gotten that impression from.

Thanks.
--
Andrea Faulds
http://ajf.me/