Hi!

I am kind of surprised that RFC about removing whole extensions has
"Backward Incompatible Changes" listed as "None". Really? No BC impact
whatsoever by removing imap and mcrypt? Literally nobody ever anywhere
is using it?

> - ext/imap and ext/mcrypt: while I realise that the underlying
> libraries are dead, these extensions are too widely used to straight
> up remove them, I fear — we don't have obvious alternatives with
> simple enough APIs that we can push users towards. I'd strongly
> support and encourage a reimplementation of these extensions (in C or
> PHP) around something supported if someone was able to step up and do
> the work, otherwise yes, I'll pitch in to do the minimal work to port
> these to 7.0 if required.

IIRC imap is working with PHP 7 and passes the tests on CI currently.
mcrypt seems to be enabled on CI too. So what is needed for them for 7.0?

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com