"Pierre Joye" wrote in message news:CAEZPtU6au_Fi2bW=e2kiqlerq4h97vhu8nkl-z9katlstef...@mail.gmail.com...

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 2:09 PM, Stanislav Malyshev <smalys...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!

Libmcrypt is a dead cow but not much of a threat for now. On the other
hand cclient is dangerous, it should have been removed long time ago
already.

I'm not sure - what is the dangerous part? Are you referring to some
published CVEs or other reports? Then it would be useful to list them
here and on the RFC.

I have to dig back (or may be in the last threads where we discussed
that). I will try to to post them here (RFC is in voting phase so no
edition) asap.

However, I totally fail to understand your reasoning. We know both
libraries are dead. ext/Imap is almost not used anymore

Excuse me, but *I* use ext/imap quite extensively, and I would be most upset if you dropped it without providing an alternative.

I would also be upset if you dropped it without ever it ever being marked as deprecated.

--
Tony Marston