On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 9:18 AM, Anatol Belski <anatol....@belski.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, February 9, 2015 07:33, Xinchen Hui wrote:
> > Hey:
> >

> > On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 1:44 PM, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >> that too :)
> > simply, json_parser.c is good
> >
> > something like: https://gist.github.com/laruence/f33903266cec737088aa
> >
> I'd be for applying this as well. Also, just added the generation calls to
> config.w32, but actulaly a checked in file were much simpler to handle.
>
> Regards
>
> Anatol

Hi,

The re2c generated files are pushed (see
https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/master/ext/json/json_scanner.c ). The
json_parser.tab.c is a BISON generated file. I haven't pushed that file
because we don't have bison generated files in repo (e.g.
zend_language_parser.c). I'm actually for pushing that file as well but
then we should probably push zend_language_parser.c too. Thoughts?

The name .tab.c is a standard name for bison files ( see last paragraph
http://www.gnu.org/software/bison/manual/html_node/Rpcalc-Generate.html#Rpcalc-Generate
). I think that it can be changed but not sure if it makes much sense. The
.tab.c says that it's a C file with parsing tables...

Cheers

Jakub