On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 11:56 AM, Jakub Zelenka <bu...@php.net> wrote:

> I would like to push the the bison tab files shortly as the majority of
> people in this thread (including me) are for having them in the repo. The
> only thing that I would like is to have a specific version in the repo to
> prevent big diffs for small changes in the source files. For now I would
> like to have there re2c 0.13.6 (thanks for regenerating it back ;) ) and
> bison 2.7.1 gen files. I will update Readme at some point as well and add
> there that info.

Hey just a quick update. I bumped the version in the repo for re2c 0.13.7.5
(latest - no changes in generated states ) and bison to 3.0.4 . I updated
Readme as well.

I have pushed the bison files in
http://git.php.net/?p=php-src.git;a=commit;h=911f7b10b1f4c9529bc01580d298a93a5cd6bbd2
. There is an explanation why the C preprocessor guard macro names are file
system dependent. It means why there is
YY_PHP_JSON_YY_HOME_JAKUB_PROG_PHP_MASTER_EXT_JSON_JSON_PARSER_TAB_H_INCLUDED .
It's due to bison algorithm for creating such name. As I noted the only
solution that works for me is using different yacc.c skeleton. I have done
it in jsond in
https://github.com/bukka/php-jsond/commit/583619d7962fa57bf97dcdac4147d8b599a42672
where I have optional bison generation which means that I can stick with
one bison version and use custom skeleton file. This is however not
possible in the core where we allow range of bison versions which doesn't
play well with skeletons that are version specific.

When I committed the changes, something went wrong with pushing to github.
I hope that my commit hasn't screwed anything up. There is some permission
problem probably:

Total 5 (delta 3), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Welcome bukka.
remote: Changesets accepted. Thank you for your contribution.
remote:
remote: Attempting to push to mirror g...@github.com:php/php-src.git
remote: Permission denied (publickey).
remote: fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
remote:
remote: Please make sure you have the correct access rights
remote: and the repository exists.
To g...@git.php.net:php-src.git
   549c6fa..5f82c92  master -> master

Cheers