On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 2:15 PM, Sebastian B.-Hagensen
<sbj.ml.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

>> If you need to confirm the statistics, or gather more background data,
>> then feel free to contact me privately, off the list, and I'll get you
>> the account approval dates (karma and/or wiki).
>
> While I agree that the issue at hand was not presented in the way it
> should have been may still become a valid issue in the future.
> If you want to prevent situations or even (wrong) ideas and
> accusations like these the dates of account creations have to be
> public and easily accessible by everyone involved (publicly listed on
> people.php.net for example).

people.php.net are php.net karma holders. We have no responsibility to
disclose any information about our contributors to anyone.
It is however fun to do so, so I created people.php.net listing random
info about our contributors. If you can think of other fun things to
do with that website, I'd love feedback and contributions!

The wiki account system is different. php.net karma holders have
access out-of-the-box using their vcs credentials.
Then there is a special case where you have to register to the wiki itself.
Having a wiki account does nothing out-of-the-box.
You have to ask for specific access.
Since the inception of the wiki I have been the only one giving out
wiki credentials. This has mostly been to outsiders wanting to write
RFCs.
I have vague memories having given 2-3 people access to
https://wiki.php.net/usergroups and similar to docs and so on.
These people still cannot vote.
A person who maintains popular pecl extension cannot vote either,
unless the extension is maintained on the php.net infrastructure (and
therefore requiring php.net account) btw.

There have been several members from the community that have asked for
voting privileges, as per the voting rfc. I have arbitrary approved
maybe 3 or 4 over the years. The other 5-10 did not get voting
privileges because the authors of the voting rfc didn't care.

I have absolutely no interest this voting business and and strongly
disagree with the entire voting rfc idea. I would love to get back to
http://producingoss.com/en/consensus-democracy.html

Now. Please go on and become famous by blogging about conspiracy
theories (I've got plenty if you are short of ideas!) or whatever
tickles your fancy - but please don't be dragging this onto the list.

-Hannes